Helping our community establish pathways out of poverty through advocacy, partnerships, and services that promote dignity and self-sufficiency.
We envision Ventura County communities successfully lifting people out of poverty.
Community Action of Ventura County was incorporated in 1965 and charged with eradicating poverty in Ventura County. Through advocacy for all communities, partnerships with social service agencies, and offering direct services, CAVC has served every household in every community and every city in Ventura County for nearly 60 years.
Our work is guided by our organization's values:
- We value people
- We value a healthy community.
- We value people helping people.
- We value healthy self-sufficiency.
- We value personal initiative in trust.
- We value lifelong learning.
- We value integrity, professionalism, and wise use of resources.