Get Help


Our HEAP and Weatherization, and Water Assistance programs require applications and a review of importance to assess your eligibility for these services. Please find applications and important information about these programs below, as well as important information about our weekly Food Program.

Sylvia on the phone

WX/HEAP Utility Assistance

For assistance with your HEAP application,
call 805-436-4021.

Please also note that the following documents will be required to process your application.

  1. Valid Picture California Identification
  2. Social Security Card
  3. Current gas detailing terms
  4. Current electric bill detailing terms and kilowatt usages
  5. Income documentation for all adult (18+) household members during the previous 4 weeks (paycheck stubs must show gross amounts received)
  6. Rental or house payment receipt for the current month


The California LIHWAP - Low Income House Water Assistance Program - was established to assist over 1.6 million low-income households in California that face an estimated $1 billion in water bill debt. This crisis is especially in focus as California faces consistently dry weather, especially here in Ventura County.

CAVC strongly encourages Ventura County residents who have either had water services shut off or face an imminent shutoff to apply. Benefits can extend up to $2,000 per household.


Important Information to know

When you apply for Weatherization assistance, you will be required to review this information about lead safety, mold, radon, and asbestos in homes.

For assistance and more information, call our Weatherization Message Line at 805-436-4035.

Lead Safety: Renovate right

Mold and Moisture Education: A Brief Guide to Mold and Moisture In Your Home

Radon Education: A Citizens Guide to Radon

Asbestos Education: FAQs About Asbestos In The Home And Workplace


Our Food Program distributes food every Thursday morning on our campus. Please bring one of the following forms of identification with you to the drive-through line to ensure we can serve as many individuals as we can.

  • Driver's License or State I.D. for all adults
  • Valid photo ID card
  • Social Security award letter
  • Disability check stub or award letter
  • Unemployment check stub or award letter
  • Paycheck stub
  • Bank Statement
Community Action Ventura County Team Photo

Lift Communities out of Poverty Today